In some cases, when you book a stay at a non-Participating Hotel through Stash, the booking may be handled by booking.com. Your use of the booking.com service is subject to additional terms and conditions, which are available at www.booking.com/content/terms.html?. By using booking.com, you agree to the booking.com terms.
1. Participating Hotels
The current list of Participating Hotels may be found here. Properties may be added to or deleted from this list at any time by us in our sole discretion and without prior notice. In most cases, you may only earn Stash Points for stays at Participating Hotels. The only exception is for stays at non-Participating Hotels that are booked through Stash (via our partnership with booking.com). These are referred to as “Qualified Hotels” and include "Stash Approved Hotels". You may still earn Stash Points for stays at these properties, although at a reduced rate. See Section 5 below for details on earn rates. You cannot redeem Stash Points at Qualified Hotels.
2. Membership Eligibility and Enrollment
- Membership is open to individuals over the age of majority in countries that legally permit participation in hotel rewards programs. Corporations, travel agencies, associations, groups and/or other entities are not eligible to become Members. There is no fee to become a Stash Member.
- Members must provide valid mailing and email addresses and create a Member password at the time of enrollment. The email address provided shall serve as your Stash Member ID. A particular email address can only be used in connection with a single Stash membership account (“Account”).
- You will be enrolled in the Stash program and become a Member from the date we receive your completed enrollment form. Membership in the Stash Program is strictly personal and may not be lent, assigned, transferred or sold. You cannot have more than one Membership. Memberships can only be used by the Member whose name is listed on the Account. You are responsible for all activity in your Account through the use of your Stash Member ID and password by another person, whether a member of your family, household, staff or otherwise. As such, you should not give your password to any other person.
- Stash Points may not be transferred between different Members' Accounts.
- Membership, including the ability to earn and redeem Stash Points, is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Membership, Membership benefits and rewards are subject to availability and may be subject to change if prohibited or restricted by applicable law or regulation.
3. Membership Account
- An Account will be set up to record each Member's Stash Point activity. The accumulation of Stash Points in your Account does not entitle you to any vested rights with respect to such Stash Points or any Stash program rewards or benefits.
- We reserve the right to monitor all Account activity. If your Account shows signs of fraud, abuse or suspicious activity, you may lose your accrued Stash Points, and, as a result of this activity, we may close or freeze your Account immediately.
- If your Account does not represent the correct number of Stash Points that you should have been awarded as determined by us, we reserve the right to adjust your Stash Point balance. If you have been awarded (or not awarded) Stash Points in error or if you believe your Account has been the subject of any suspicious activity, please contact us immediately.
4. Membership Termination
- You may terminate your Stash Membership at any time by giving us notice of cancellation through member support.
- We reserve the right to terminate the Stash Membership of any Member that we reasonably believe, in our sole discretion, (i) is using the Stash program in a manner that violates these Terms & Conditions, (ii) has acted in a manner inconsistent with applicable laws, ordinances or regulations, or (iii) has engaged in fraud or abuse concerning Stash Points or Membership privileges and benefits.
- In the event that your Stash Membership is terminated (whether by you or us) your Account will be closed and all Stash Points in the Account will be forfeited.
- If we terminate your Stash Membership for any reason, you may not reapply for Membership and any Account opened in your name and Stash Points earned in that Account shall be forfeited upon discovery. If you terminate your Membership, you may reapply for Membership at a later date, but you will not recover any Stash Points forfeited from your prior Membership.
- If you have conducted any fraudulent activity, we reserve the right to take any necessary legal action. In addition, you may be liable to us for monetary losses, including litigation costs and damages, and you will not be allowed to participate in the Stash program in the future.
5. Earning Stash Points
- Subject to the restrictions in this Section 5(a), Members earn Stash Points in connection with completed Stays at Participating Hotels booked through Eligible Booking Channels and for which the Member pays an Eligible Rate, provided that (i) the Member was enrolled in the Stash program prior to the check-in date for such Stay, and (ii) a valid Member ID was provided or otherwise associated with the reservation prior to check-out. A “Stay” means one or more consecutive nights at the same Participating Hotel, regardless of the frequency of check-in/check-out. “Eligible Rate” means most room rates paid for hotel room nights, excluding the following non-eligible room rates: employee rates, friends & family rates, tour operator rates, wholesale rates, crew room rates, certain negotiated corporate, government, and group rates, certain override rates, manager specials, club rates, or rates that are eligible for points through another program, and room rates billed to a master folio or account. Additionally, stays paid for, in whole or in part, by gift card, gift certificate or a third-party voucher (e.g. Groupon) are not eligible, and will not qualify for points, regardless of rate. Unless otherwise noted on our list of Participating Hotels, an "Eligible Booking Channel" is a booking made through us or directly with the Participating Hotel.
- For each eligible Stay (“Eligible Stay”) described in subsection (a) above, the Member will be entitled to receive 5 Stash Points for each US dollar paid toward the Eligible Rate charges on the Member's individual hotel room bill ("folio"), provided, however, that a Member will not receive Stash points for any portion of a single Eligible Stay in excess of 29 consecutive nights, regardless of whether or not the Member checks out and checks back in during such Stay. You will also earn Stash Points for Eligible Stays at Qualified Hotels in the same way, except these stays must be booked via Stashrewards.com and the earn rates may differ. Members are entitled to receive 3 Stash Points for each US dollar paid on Stash Approved Hotel bookings and will receive 1 Stash Point for each US dollar paid when booking all other Qualified Hotels via Stashrewards.com, unless otherwise noted at the time of booking.
- Stash Points are not earned in connection with other charges or expenses incurred during your Stay, including but not limited to, taxes, resort fees, food and beverage charges, parking, business center, gift shop purchases, greens fees, phone, Internet and fax charges, dry cleaning & laundry, fitness center and spa, in-room movies and games, tips and gratuities, no-show charges, early departure and cancellation fees. Stash Points will not be awarded in connection with “no show” situations in which a Stash Member books a Stay at a Participating Hotel but does not check in, regardless of whether the Member is charged a cancellation or no-show fee in connection with such stay.
- Members may earn Stash Points under subsection (b) above in connection with the Eligible Rate paid for up to two rooms during the same Stay, provided that (i) both rooms are registered in the Member's name, (ii) the Member stays in one of the rooms, and (iii) the Member personally settles all room charges at check-out. In contrast, group master billing arrangements whereby charges for multiple rooms are placed on a single master folio and billed to a corporate account are not eligible for Stash Points. Similarly, a Member who books a stay for another Member does not qualify for Stash Points for such booking. Only the traveling Member may earn points in connection with such booking.
- If a particular property ceases to be a Participating Hotel, you will not earn Stash Points in connection with your Stay, even if you made your reservation prior to date on which the property left the Stash program.
- From time to time, we may offer opportunities to earn Stash Points for bonuses, promotional incentives, or other purchase opportunities. These offers may be temporary in nature and we reserve the right to modify or discontinue any such offers at any time. Such offers are void where prohibited by law.
6. Redeeming Stash Points
- Members can redeem Stash Points for stays at Participating Hotels (but not at Qualified Hotels) and/or other rewards at www.stashrewards.com. Redeemed Stash Points will be deducted from your Account at the time of booking. You will receive an email confirmation of your reward travel booking sent to the email address associated with your Account.
- The number of Stash Points required to book a stay at a given Participating Hotel will vary based on time, length of stay, season, demand and other factors and are subject to change without notice. The number of Stash Points required to book a room at a Participating Hotel at any given time does not guarantee or imply that the same or a similar room will be available for the same number of Stash Points in the future.
- Members may change or cancel their reward travel bookings at any time prior to check-in, subject to the cancellation policies of the particular Participating Hotel. Any penalties or fees imposed by the hotel for cancellation within its restricted window (typically, 72 hours prior to check-in) are the responsibility of the Stash Member and shall be paid in the form of Stash Points. Upon the cancellation of a reward travel booking, the Stash Points which had been deducted from the Member's Account shall be refunded and credited back to such account (less the Stash Points required to cover the hotel cancellation fee, if any).
- Stash Points shall not be refunded in the event a Stash Member does not cancel a rewards travel booking but fails to check-in (i.e., is a “no show”).
- In the event that the change in reward travel increases the price of the Participating Hotel booking, the Stash Member's account will be debited for the additional Stash Points required for the changed booking.
- In the event that a property ceases to be Participating Hotel after you make your reward travel booking but prior to your stay, we will use reasonable efforts to have the property honor the reservation or arrange equivalent accommodations nearby or, at your option, refund the applicable number of Stash Points to your Account.
- By enrolling in the Stash program, you consent to receiving electronic communications from us, including monthly Account balance statements, other notices regarding your Account and Member surveys. These communications are part of your relationship with us and you receive them as part of your Membership. Your Stash Point balance and Account activity can also be accessed on your Account summary available online here. You will need your Stash Member ID and password to access this portion of the Stash program website.
- We may also send you offers and other promotional communications from time to time, which may include promotions or offers from Participating Hotels, provided that you have not opted out of receiving such emails. These communications may be targeted to you based on the information you have provided to us and additional data we maintain. You may change your preferences regarding receipt of such promotional communications at any time at that "my account" portion of the Stash program website here. Again, you will need your Stash Member ID and password to access this portion of the Stash program website.
- Program communications will be sent to you at the email address (or, in our sole discretion, mailing address) that you provide to us on your enrollment form or otherwise. Communications will be deemed to have been received by you 1 business day after sending to the email address provided (or, in the event we elect to mail such communication, 5 business days after sending to the mailing address provided). You are responsible for keeping your email and mailing addresses current.
- You agree that any notice, agreements, disclosure or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing.
8. Errors and Retroactive Claims
We will send a periodic Stash Points balance to you as specified above. We may at any time correct the amount of Stash Points shown as credited to you, without notice. If you are not properly credited for Stash Points within 14 days of an eligible Stay transaction, you may claim an adjustment within 365 days of the transaction by sending an email to us explaining your request at member support. The email must include your Stash Member ID as well as an attached copy of the Participating Hotel bill in question. If we improperly deny a request to credit Stash Points, our liability is limited to the proper posting of Stash Points to your Account.
9. Limitation of Liability
- We are not responsible for (i) theft or unauthorized redemption of Stash Points cause by circumstances which are beyond our reasonable control or our agents; (ii) any acts or omissions of any third parties (including any Participating Hotels); and/or (iii) any errors published in connection with the Stash program, including without limitation, errors relating to Participating Hotels, pricing, Stash Point awards and/or the crediting or debiting of Stash Points from Accounts. We reserve the right to correct any errors without notice. We shall not be liable to any person for any action taken or neglected to be taken with respect to the Stash program, except for errors in posting Stash Points to Accounts. Your sole remedy in connection with the Stash program shall be the crediting or re-crediting to your Account of Stash Points in an amount no greater than the number of Stash Points at issue. In no event shall we be responsible or liable for special, consequential, extraordinary or indirect losses or damages, including any lost profits.
- We make no warranties or representations, expressed or implied, and expressly disclaim all liability with respect to type, quality or fitness of goods or services provided through the Stash program.
10. General Terms and Conditions
- We may change these Terms & Conditions at any time without notice. Such changes may impact your ability to use the Stash Points which are already in your account. Any changes to these Terms & Conditions will be posted on the Stash website located at www.stashrewards.com and will be effective immediately unless stated otherwise. Each Member is responsible for being aware of the then-current Terms & Conditions and the number of Stash Points in his or her Account.
- We may terminate the Stash program and/or any portion thereof upon ninety (90) days prior notice to Members. Members may not earn or redeem Stash Points after the termination of the Program. Any Stash Points remaining in a Member's Account as of the date of termination shall be forfeited without any obligation or liability. We may terminate the Stash program in whole or in part, in any jurisdiction(s) on less than six months' notice if required to do so by applicable law.
- Stash Points have no cash value, are not redeemable for cash, and cannot be considered the property of the Member. Upon the death of a Member, unredeemed points in the Member's account may be transferred to a family member or friend in our sole discretion.
- Notwithstanding these Terms & Conditions, we may run promotions from time to time that provide enhanced benefits to select Members.
- All Membership benefits, including the ability to redeem points for stays at Participating Hotels, are subject to availability. Members may not rely upon the continued participation of any Participating Hotel or the continued availability of any particular redemption opportunity.
- We make no warranties or representations, either expressed or implied, and expressly disclaim all liability (including consequential damages) with respect to type, quality or fitness of goods or services provided through the Stash program. If a Participating Hotels improperly denies a Stash Member a benefit, our liability with respect thereto shall be limited to the equivalent value of that benefit as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- Membership in the Stash program, and the earning and redeeming of Stash Points are subject to all applicable local laws and regulations. Membership, including the opportunity to earn and redeem Stash Points, is offered in good faith but may not be available if prohibited or restricted by applicable law or regulation. In the event that any portion of these Terms & Conditions is held to be unlawful or unenforceable, such portion will be deemed deleted from these Terms & Conditions in the applicable jurisdiction and the remaining provisions will remain in force, subject to subsections (a) and (b) above. All disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Stash program, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and shall be subject to Section 9 above.
- Our waiver of any breach of these Terms & Conditions by you shall not constitute a waiver of any other prior or subsequent breach of this Agreement. Our failure to insist upon strict compliance with these Terms & Conditions by any Member, shall not be deemed a waiver of any rights or remedies that we may have against that or any other Member. If we waive any rights under this Agreement on one occasion, such waiver shall not operate as a waiver as to any other occasion.
- These Terms & Conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without regard for conflict of laws principles.
If you have any questions about the Stash program, contact us at member support.